Man Warns Others After Startling Light Bulb Discovery

Jason shared that he kept smelling something like an electrical fire and almost tore his house apart trying to find the source. Eventually, he discovered that the smell was coming from a fluorescent spiral light bulb. Inside the bulb’s spiral coils were ladybugs, attracted to the light and heat, accumulating to a point where they nearly ignited.

“Inside the spiral coils of the light bulb was nothing but ladybugs,” Jason explained. His photos showed the potential danger, with the accumulation of ladybugs coming close to igniting due to the bulb’s heat.

If you use fluorescent spiral light bulbs in your light fixtures or lamps, be sure to check them regularly for critters trying to get warm inside. Jason’s experience highlights a simple check that could prevent a house fire.

“I found it important to share Jason’s post with you all,” he added, “as this is a potential fire hazard I would have never known about.”

Regular inspection of these light bulbs can help you avoid a dangerous situation and keep your home safe from unexpected fire hazards.